Many thanks to www.simplemomentsoflife.wordpress.com for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award! Author Nimi Naren is from India, and the stories she tells in her posts are absolutely delightful. Her blog is one of my all-time favorites! Please pop over and check it out.
As a condition of accepting the award I am to give seven facts about myself:
1. I love to read non-fiction, but one of my favorite authors of fiction is Francis L. Guenette who also blogs at www.disappearinginplainsight.com
2. I teach at a high school in the largest women’s prison in the state of Georgia. My students include inmates convicted of robbery, aggravated assault, and murder, plus lesser offenses.
3. My favorite beverages are coffee and water. I cannot function without at least 2 cups of morning coffee.
4. I am on a perpetual mission not to gain weight. If I so much as look at snack food, I instantly gain weight.
5. I have fibromyalgia which causes pain, fatigue, and other physical problems, but most people have no idea that I am plagued with this. I also am a cancer survivor.
6. I live on a dirt road in the woods. We have no mobile phone service during the spring and summer when the leaves are on the trees. Our internet service is extremely slow. Television is only available through a satellite dish which is difficult to place because of all the trees. And automobiles are perpetually dirty, no matter how often they are washed.
7. I try every day to feel grateful and express gratitude for life just as it is, for the beauty in this world, for all the people in my life (especially family), and for the opportunities that come my way.
In accepting this award, we also are to nominate 15 other bloggers. That is a tall challenge, especially since most of the blogs I follow already have been nominated by me for awards or are “award free” blogs. So, I shall just say thank you to all of my fellow bloggers for inspiring, entertaining, and challenging me every day!